Skip to main content

The Third Dimension: Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall


The Third Dimension: Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall

"The Girl Nobody Sees"

(This is the last post in a series of four on this subject)

This girl hides deep within your pain. Her image has been emblazoned into the core of your being by the people you love the most.
She may occasionally show her face as:
            Comedian
            Rebel
            Anger-Rage
            Shyness
As I mentioned in my first post in this Mirror, Mirror Series; the authors John and Staci Eldridge, in their book entitled, "Captivating", believe that every little girl is born with these questions burning in their soul... "Am I lovely? Do you see me? Do you want me? Am I captivating?"   
Unfortunately, many times the people we love are themselves dysfunctional or unsafe people. When they are the ones giving the answer to our questions – we get confused.
     
     We interpret this by feeling one of two ways...
  • I'm not enough (disappointment)
  • I'm too much (overwhelming)
This is wrong programming. Wrong information is dumped into our brain and we accept it as truth. When we begin to look to “people” to identify and validate us… we are setting ourselves up for failure.
I recently plugged my phone into the charger - well... I thought I was plugging it into its charger. Actually I had grabbed the cord to my Bluetooth. Immediately a message came on the screen of my phone that intrigued me... It read, "Wrong Power Source". 

     When we turn to people to meet our needs or 
     to fulfill our lives - they are incapable. No wonder
     we end up feeling let down, depressed and 
     devastated. We're plugged in to the wrong 
     power source!

Only Jesus can meet these needs!
Husband can’t – momma can’t – kids can’t – career can’t – not even our THERAPIST can!

The result of all this pain - is a WOUNDED SPIRIT. Burying this pain can cause bitterness and bitterness will poison your spirit and destroy your soul.

Proverbs 18:14 The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear 
Hebrews 12:15
Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;  
A root wraps around other roots and when it is pulled up it affects all the plants growing around it. Bitterness affects everyone in our lives.

Okay... so what to do about it? I don't want to just point out the problem without pointing you towards the solution.

The key to healing a wounded spirit is forgiveness.

I recently learned these four steps of forgiveness. Pray through these steps and allow God to see the Girl That Nobody Sees. Release her pain and receive healing.


  1. Forgive and release –  tell God WHAT happened. Call 
      names. Re-live the pain again… then release it. (From this 
      moment I forgive and release this resentment, hatred and 
      bitterness against ________. I release all feelings of anger, 
      helplessness and hopelessness because they no longer 
      serve me on my spiritual journey.)
   2. Ask God to forgive the person who wounded you. – Acts  
       7:59-60 Stephen prayed,"Lay not this sin to their  
       charge…"   Jesus prayed, "Father forgive them…"   
       Now... take it a step farther and ask God to not only      
       forgive them, but to forget it, and never make these 
   people pay for their actions. 
3. Forgive yourself – verbally (abortion, molestation, 
    adultery, fornication, poor choices) 

    (As of this moment, I forgive myself for __________ and I 
    release all resentment I have held against myself for this 
    failure.)
4. Forgive God – for allowing the pain, hurt, injury. 
    (molestation, rape, abuse, death of a child) 
    (God, although you knew what was happening to me - 
     and you did nothing to intervene - I forgive You and I 
     accept what happened as Your divine purpose for 
     my life. I trust that You felt it was necessary for me to 
     become the person You desire me to be.)

 
Reflections
Look within that mirrored glass,
Look through the failures in your past
Look beyond your hair and eyes
Look behind your alibis
Don’t let this day grow into years
You mustn’t live up to your fears
Dreams unborn, hopes unspoken,
Tears un-cried, will unbroken
Unsung songs, books unwritten
Unsaid words, withheld forgiveness
It’s “Clear your heart time”
Unleash your wisdom
Abundant Life is HOW you live it
Set her free! She’s your best friend.
She’s the one – you hide within.
wwc - 1998

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write the Vision!

Dreams really do come true... if you work hard enough! I have told my story - but just in case you're new to my life - let me catch you up real quick: In 2008, a breast cancer diagnosis directed me to go back to college and study cancer - and alternative medicine My first day of radiation was also my first day of classes at Everglades University in a Bachelor of Science program In 2012, I graduated with a B.S. in Alternative Medicine In 2016, I received my M.P.H. (Masters in Public Health Administration with a Concentration in Alternative and Complementary Medicine) College opened up information about modalities I knew I wanted to incorporate into my life - with the MAIN TWO being -  Medical Thermography  Japanese technology of Kangen Water.  Long story short, God brought both of these services into my life miraculously. I had my first thermography appointment in May of 2017, which culminated with an offer to buy the Thermography business from the current owner.  And here we are -

Peace is the Umpire!

I recently discovered a new decision-making process. It seemed so practical - so I tucked the thought away in my mind.  A few days later, I read confirmation from the word! So, I used this method and it worked!  Let me share it with you:  This is the formula I found for decisions you need to make; or opportunities to consider.  Step One:  Write out the decision you need to make in your journal or on a notepad. Step Two: How do you feel when you think about accepting the opportunity? Think about saying “Yes, I'm going to do this”. Write out how this thought makes you feel. Step Three: How do you feel when you think about not accepting that opportunity, not going forward? Write out how you feel when you consider just backing off and saying “No, I’m not going to do this”. Step Four: Which of those decisions brought you peace when you considered your answer? My daily Bible reading brought me the following confirmation to use with these steps! Colossians 3:15 GNT The peace that Christ g

Praying Them Home...

I still have a copy of my son Cortt’s deployment orders for Iraq in my old Bible. One glance at that tearstained paper reminds me:   1- God doesn’t always say “Yes”. 2- I have trust issues.     I had faith God was going to delete those orders. I believed He was going to keep my son at home! I was sure of this. I vocalized it! I thanked God daily for it!   When Cortt and his unit shipped out to Afghanistan - my faith wavered slightly - but I was convinced God would not allow him to be sent into the Iraqi war zone!   So, when that dreaded day came - and he called to tell us - “I’m headed into Iraq. I don’t know when I’ll be able to communicate again - I’ll call as soon as I can.” I was done.   My faith failed.   For days on end - I could not - (or would not) pray. I was desperately worried and afraid - but, let me be honest… I was also angry. Why should I talk to God now? He had obviously ignored the past four months of my prayers and fasting. I had felt so much faith! I completely tr